Medical AI Engineer/Researcher
┃ Recruitment Background
To prepare medical image datasets that can be immediately used for medical AI R&D, we need to (1) cooperate with medical facilities/physicians and (2) improve the quality of datasets.
Also, while utilizing the prepared datasets, we (3) contract-develop custom AI solutions.
You will work closely with CEO Kallis, an outstanding medical AI researcher (~1,000 paper citations), and CTO Honda, an experienced time-series AI developer, to conduct one of the following three things:
- Cooperation with medical facilities/physicians: Joint medical AI research and Medical AI community management
- Dataset quality improvement: Dataset pre-processing and Verification of dataset quality/quantity’s influence on AI learning
- Custom AI contract development: Drug discovery AI research and medical AI development
As a medical AI engineer/researcher at Callisto, you will be responsible for medical AI R&D, working with CEO Kallis and CTO Honda. We expect to hire one senior and two junior engineers/researchers (possibly more depending on the number of ongoing custom AI conract development projects).
┃ Examples of Specific Tasks
＜Cooperative work with medical facilities/physicians＞
- Joint medical AI research with medical facilities (mainly using radiological scans like MRI/CT)
- AI research for diagnosis and paper writing
- AI research for treatment and paper writing
- Management of a community of physicians/AI experts to promote medical AI application, based on collaboration with in-house physicians
- Holding seminars on medical AI
- Holding medical AI case study meetings (studying the application of medical AI to the cases brought to the meeting)
- Sharing the latest trends in medical AI
＜Dataset quality improvement work＞
- Dataset pre-processing
- Standardization of medical imaging data
- Development of noise reduction AI on medical imaging data
- Cooperation in software engineers’ planning/development of medical imaging data processing tools
- Cooperation in medical facilities’ medical imaging data anonymization
- Verification of dataset quality/quantity’s influence on AI, paper writing, etc.
＜Custom AI development work＞
- Drug discovery AI contract research from pharma companies (mainly using pathological images, MRI, and CT)
- AI-based toxicity/efficacy evaluation of anti-cancer drugs
- AI-based histo-pathological evaluation in clinical trials
- Medical AI contract development from medical device manufacturers and medical AI companies (using various medical images)
- Contract development of part of medical AI products
- Special-purpose medical AI development
┃ Recommended Points
- You will lead one or more medical AI research/development projects yourself, so you can work with a strong sense of ownership.
- You can hone your technical skills in an environment with the latest AI technology enthusiasts, including CEO Kallis and CTO Honda (both have Ph.D. degrees in this field).
- You can be supported for various activities to hone your AI skills, such as attending (medical) AI conferences, participating in Kaggle, and purchasing books.
- You can publish papers in both international AI conferences (e.g., CVPR, KDD, AAAI, MICCAI) and medical journals.
- Through medical AI research/development, you can contribute to improving the quality of healthcare, which has intrinsic value.
┃ Essential Conditions
- At least 3 years of experience with deep learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, Keras) ＊3 years are required only for senior engineers/researchers. Juniors may only have experience
- At least 3 years of experience in medical imaging AI research/development *required only for seniors
- Ability to conduct computer vision paper survey, paper implementation, optimization, and acceleration *required only for seniors
- To be able to take the initiative in acquiring and sharing necessary knowledge
- To be able to ask questions and express opinions without hesitation
- Strong affinity for Callisto’s Vision and Mission
┃ Preferred Conditions
- Experience in development using C/C++
- Master or higher in Kaggle
- Master’s/Ph.D. degree related to mathematics, computer science, or medicine
- Business-level English skills
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Position: Medical AI engineer/researcher
- Employment Status: Full-time employee
- Salary: 7-10 million yen (for seniors) 4-6 million yen (for juniors) *Trial period: 3 months (no difference in salary and benefits during trial period)
- Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays
- Summer vacation (3 days from June to November)
- Paid vacations (10 days granted after 6 months of employment *in accordance with legal requirements)
- Celebration or condolence leave
- Menstrual leave (maximum: 1 day per month)
- Treatment and Benefits
- Choice of work style every 6 months: Type O (come to work at least 3 times a week) or Type R (free to come to work)
- Flextime system (core hours: 13:00-17:00)
- Various types of social insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- 1,000 yen subsidy for lunch (on working days only)
- Subsidy for wedding, funeral, and ceremonial expenses
- Subsidy for attending conferences, workshops, and seminars
- Subsidy for purchasing books
- Stock option plan (currently under design)
- PC rental (Mac/Windows)
- Free drinks
- Selection Process: (Casual interview →) Application screening → 1st interview (CTO) → Final interview (CEO)
- Inquiries: email@example.com
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to DM Kallis on Twitter (@tricksterkallis)